The CROWN Program is a Rent-to-Own program where the participants rent a home for 15 years while developing home-ownership skills.
About the Program
· CROWN participants’ rent payments will go towards the mortgage of their homes.
· Families will have the option to purchase at the end of the compliance period (15 years) with the equity gained through their rent payments.
· Income qualifications do apply and vary by project.
· To qualify, your gross annual income needs to be under 60% AMI (Area Median Income) based on your household size.
· Rent amounts for CROWN homes are usually well below market rate, which offers an affordable rental period while the family gains home-ownership skills and equity.
The Housing Authority of Southeastern Utah currently manages 13 CROWN homes in Moab, 4 in Monticello, and 4 in Blanding. Call HASU at 435-259-5891 to check on availability and pick up and application.