The Virginian Apartments is a rent-subsidized apartment complex located at 71 E. 300 S. in Moab, Utah. There are 14 one-bedroom units and 14 two-bedroom units. Applicants may apply to rent an apartment at the HASU office located at 321 E. Center St. Moab, Utah (next to the library).
How do I Apply?
· If you are interested in applying for a unit at the Virginian Apartments, fill out an application and submit it to our office.
· The application can also be found at the link provided below. The first page includes a checklist with documents you will need to provide in addition to the application and provide the maximum annual incomes allowable for families depending on how many persons are in the household.
· Fill out as soon as possible to secure a spot on the waiting list! There are two waiting lists; one for one-bedroom units and another for two-bedroom units.
· If an applicant is deemed eligible for a unit, they are then added to the waiting list for an apartment based on their gross annual income and household size.
· Applicants can qualify for rental assistance based on their annual income.
· If an applicant qualifies for rental assistance (which lowers monthly rental fees) the family can expect to pay 30% of their monthly gross income towards rent. Families are responsible to pay an initial security deposit as well as their electric bill through Rocky Mountain Power. The Housing Authority supplies water and trash pickup.
We will collect information on your entire household’s annual income, assets, and family composition. We will verify this information with other local agencies, your employer(s), and your bank. We will use this information to determine if you are eligible for a unit and if so, what the amount of your rental assistance would be each month.
If we determine that your household is eligible, we will put your name on a waiting list. Once your name comes up to the top of the waiting list, we will contact you by direct mail. If your mailing address changes, notify us immediately so that you can receive your top of the list letter and move into your new apartment!